November 29, 2014

Shinya Shokudou - the Movie


This is a heart-warming movie about a small diner which opens at midnight.  It is run by Master (played by Kobayashi Kaoru).  The menu has only a few items, but Master will cook anything for a customer if he has the right ingredients.

I'm a big fan of Shinya Shokudou (Midnight Diner).  I loved the first and the second seasons.  The current season he(season 3), I must say I am less enthusiastic.  Somehow it doesn't touch my heartstrings compared to the previous 2 seasons.  But I have been watching it anyway.

(continued)

To me the big news about the movie is that Odagiri Joe and Matsushige Yutaka are coming back.  Odagiri doesn't play the guy in the 1st season (too bad).  He is going to be a (policeman in the neighborhood.  Matsushige plays the same Yakuza guy who likes octopus wieners.

Aside from Odagiri and Matsushige, we will see many Shinya Shokudou regulars.
 


As for the food, we can see the photos of spaghetti Napolitana (spaghetti with tomato sauce), Tororo (Japanese yam) rice and curry rice.

The movie is going to be shown in Japanese theaters from January 31, 2015.

Official Site, AsianWiki 




ほっこり ほっこり