September 6, 2014

Midnight After (Hong Kong Movie 2014)

那夜凌晨,我坐上了旺角開往大埔的紅VAN

This is a fun SciFi-comedy movie.  Although the story doesn't complete, I enjoyed it a great deal.  It's funny and mysterious.  And it is so Hong Kong.

It's about a minibus that goes from Mong Kok Road in Kowloon to Taipo in New Territories with 16 passengers and a driver.  The bus leaves after midnight in the hustle and bustle of Kowloon.  After going through the Lion Rock Tunnel things change.

People on the bus notice "Something's different" when they arrive at Taipo.  It's quiet-- No cars and no people around.  It's only their minibus and themselves.  Nobody outside the minibus answers cell phones.   And the passengers are dying one by one...    
And David Bowie's "Space Odity" is playing......
Trailer


Movie Review     Wiki
My Reaction:

This is not a serious movie.  Just sit, relax, and watch it.  Don't think too much.  You'll lose the fun.  Just take things as they come.  

I didn't know that Bowie's song was featured in this movie.  So it was a big surprised to hear the famous/my favorite song.

The only thing I didn't like about this movie is that it doesn't complete.  We don't get the answers to strange happenings.  Did they go to the parallel world?  Who are the guys in the masks?

I'm just praying that they'll make a sequel.  I'm waiting.