July 15, 2014

Platonic (final ep.) Shocking and Sad, Sad, Sad

 I just watched the final episode of Platonic.  What a story!!!  You must watch all the episodes to know what drama is all about; love, life, death and platonic love between the two leads.

This is one of the best j-drama I watched this year.

This is a powerful drama which is sad and heart-breaking (no pun intended).  It is beyond right or wrong, satisfactory or non-satisfactory, agree or disagree.  The great thing about this drama is that it makes people think.  It doesn't give us answers, but it gives us questions to think about. 

(Spoiler)
The last-15-minute scenes were so powerful and painful.  I knew the young man would die, but never imagined he would die like this.  I cannot forget the look the doctor gave to Sara, the ice box, Sara's reaction to his death, and the security camera recordings. 

I wanted him to live.  I didn't want him to choose death.  I wanted him to cherish life as much as he cherished his love.  Of course, I didn't want the daughter to die, either. 

I still don't have energy to re-watch this last episode.